HD Video Tutorials - Studio Masterclasses - Only €310
The 10-Week Radio Presentation Course – Starts 15th April 2015
The practical elements of The Radio Production course will be delivered in Tinpot Productions’ state of the art recording suite in Dublin city centre. You’ll work with Daryl Moorhouse to discover, develop and deliver your own unique perspective and tone of voice as well as getting comfortable with a real recording studio.
In addition, you’ll have access to a wide range of masterclass HD video tutorials from Jonathan Healy and Colm O’Sullivan, giving you unique industry insights from their experienced perspective and helping to prepare and enhance your presenter scripts and material. Because if you’re properly prepped, your studio time will be focussed and productive.
At the end of the 10-week duration, Newstalk will select the best candidate for a 4-week internship, where they'll have the opportunity to work in an exciting environment with a talented and dedicated team of broadcasters and reporters.
- > Week 1 - Online - Radio Industry Introduction
- If you want to work in the industry, you need to know what it’s all about. Find out about:
- - The radio Industry Background
- - How radio stations are structured
- - What is the Book?
- - Listening with a Critical Ear
- - How our industry experts got their start in radio
As well as preparing your first draft script for week 2 practical.
- > Week 2 - Studio - Studio Introduction
Say hello to the Sound Proofed Cell. Welcome to the booth and studio.
- - Class Face to Face Introduction
- - Introduction to the Radio Studio and Equipment
- - Your first practical record
- > Week 3 - Online - Which Radio Presenter Am I?
Good question. You might think you know but these interactive tutorials will help you decide:
- - Colm and Jonathan give an overview of the roles and skillsets required for different presenters
- - Find out about the day to day work of talk, music, news and sports presenters
- - Learn to understand the importance of the audience
- > Week 4 - Studio - Radio Presenter Practicals
- - Start turning your thoughts into practise and your scripts into sounds
- - You’ll be putting the tips from last weeks masterclass into practical use
- - Start to find your own voice and style
- > Week 5 - Online - Audio Editing Tutorial
It used to be that only engineers did editing. Now it’s a need to know for anyone working in radio.
- - Get an introduction to the basics of audio editing
- - Learn to understand the common concepts used in every radio station
- - Start to edit your own recording
- > Week 6 - Studio - Audio Editing Practical
Bring your skills to the studio.
- - Working in groups, you’ll be doing more digital cutting and splicing
- - Daryl will be on hand to help with queries, blips and beeps
- - Complete an audio edit
- > Week 7 - Online - Radio Presenter Masterclass
As you start to prepare for your upcoming live radio broadcast, get deep insights from Colm and Jonathan on:
- - The best interview technique
- - Prepping your show the right way
- - Sourcing the best material
- - How to use technology and social media
- - Creating engaging broadcasts
- > Week 8 - Studio - Radio Presenter Practicals
In two weeks time, you’ll be part of a mock live broadcast. Studio time this week will be used to start planning, prepping and rehearsing.
- - Practise your presenter skills
- - Learn how to time your scripts
- - Work in groups to create engaging content ideas
- > Week 9 - Online - Live Broadcast Preparation
Working as a group and using our interactive tools you’ll collaborate to build an amazing radio show which will be broadcast as-live in your final week.
- - Prep your material
- - Write your script so you’re good to go
- - Select and time your music selection
- - Work with your team to finalise the best running order for you upcoming broadcast
- > Week 10 - Studio - Live Broadcast
Live from the Tinpot Studios and broadcasting to the rest of your class, it’s your very own radio show, produced and presented by you.
- - Put everything you’ve learnt into practice
- - Working to a real deadline, you and your class will present a mockup real live radio show using the techniques you’ve used over the last 9 weeks
- - West your mettle in a highly realistic real-world broadcast situation
- - The show will be record and copies made available to each student